The 2022 festival has been cancelled. For more information please visit: https://www.gcc.tas.gov.au/2022/01/moonah-taste-of-the-world-festival-cancelled-for-2022/
There are several ways to get to the 2021 event venues:
- Ride your bike.
- Catch the bus – Metro Tasmania have buses running along Main Road, Moonah every 30 minutes. From Main Road you can walk to any of the venues
- Drive – free parking is available in the streets and some car parks around Moonah. Make sure you observe all parking signs and ensure accessible car parking spaces are left for those who require them
2021 Moonah Taste of the World Venues:
- Moonah Arts Centre – 23-27 Albert Street, Moonah
- Moonah Post Office car park – directly opposite Moonah Arts Centre
- Moonah Post Office steps – 66 Main Road, Moonah
- The Multicultural Hub – 65 Hopkins Street, Moonah
- Zafira Cafe – 35 Gormonstan Road, Moonah
There is accessible parking on Albert Street and in the Moonah Car Park.
Yes, all event venues are wheelchair accessible.
Entry is free! Just bring yourself and your appetite!
All the activities, workshops and musical performances are free. The food stalls will have food available for sale at various prices, including some low cost options.
If you have any questions at the events, please speak with event staff.
Yes, some of the stalls will have vegetarian and/or gluten free options.
All venues are smoke-free.
No venues are BYO. Alcohol will be available for purchase at some of the events.
There are ATMs on Main Road, Moonah. Some food stalls may not have EFTPOS facilities so please bring some cash with you if you would like to purchase some food.
First aid personnel will be in attendance at events.
The Moonah Arts Centre has parenting facilities.
All our performers have approximate performance times listed on the event program.
We intend to go ahead sunshine or rain! We will only cancel the event, if weather has made it unsafe for participants and visitors.